£35,000 - £45,000 per annum,
Permanent - 35 hrs pw (Possibility of 4 days per week)
Office based role - London
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world-class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Financial Accountant who will lead and own all the main financial accounting tasks such as balance-sheet and cashflow forecast/reconciliations, VAT returns and accounting for the membership area, supporting the Financial Controller. They will own and lead all aspects of the Purchase and Sales ledgers for the organisation with the Assistant Accountant.
The role will report into the Financial Controller and will be responsible for training and developing the Assistant Accountant in order to maximise resilience and ensure financial controls are optimised.
The post-holder will play a vital role in all financial accounting aspect and will be a key member of the Finance team, which include a Financial Controller, two Management Accountants, an Assistant Accounting (reporting into this role) and a Finance System Specialist. The role will complement the current team, will be central in strengthening financial controls and cement the Finance team as experts within the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or latter exam stages
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in all financial accounting matters
- Strong exposure to year-end audits and able to own specific items / areas from start to finish
- Experience of financial controls and suggesting / implementing improvements when necessary
- Ability to work both as part of a growing Finance and keen to help in various financial areas when needed
- Excellent personal organisational and administrative skills with
- the ability to manage own workload and meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams and with a variety of non-financial people
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, demonstrating initiative
- and ability to hit the ground running
- Demonstrable understanding of the ETF values and principles
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (400 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 27 January 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.