£40,000 - £50,000 per annum,
12 Month FTC - 35 hrs pw (with potential to become a permanent role)
Office based role - London
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world-class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Content Editor who will be responsible for working across the team of curriculum designers to support the creation of a large portfolio of course materials. Experienced in translating expert input to logical and coherent course materials, they will be expected to manage ongoing projects of various sizes, from short re-writes of existing content to creation of full sets of interlinked courses with multiple expert advisors. A particular focus will be on writing for online audiences, with an ongoing programme of updating existing content and moving this to a new platform.
The role will report into the Head of Higher Level Education and T Level Design and will play a key role in supporting the design creation and review of programmes and providing day-to-day support to curriculum designers as they create new learning programmes for staff in the FE sector. In particular this role will initially focus on T Levels, and on updating and migrating existing content into a more up to date learning platform. The Design and Development Team is responsible for successful high quality design of new training programmes for the sector, and this role is pivotal in ensuring this training is well written, coherent, has a consistent use of language, links together across different strands and makes the best use of the considerable expert input provided by ETF Design.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to level 4/5 or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of writing educational / training materials or equivalent.
- Experience of translating complex expert knowledge into relevant coherent output.
- Engaging effectively with stakeholders and partners
- Understanding of writing for an education audience or equivalent profession
- The ability to write clearly and concisely with accurate use of grammar and punctuation
- Experience of writing for digital formats (e.g. online learning platforms)
- The ability to rapidly edit and develop written content into common formats
- A high level of accuracy in all work with excellent attention to detail
- Strong personal organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships across the organisation and to work effectively cross teams to maximise resources
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
- Effective high level administrative skills
- Ability to work within a high performance environment and to deliver key performance indicators
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (400 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 27th January 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.