£40,000 per annum (depending on experience) Permanent - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Management Accountant who will be responsible for the delivery of monthly management accounts and forecasts for ETF, its programmes and departments. To help them to deliver their plans within budget.
The role will report into the Financial Controller and will be responsible for:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and other financial reports for the group and individual budget holders (ETF uses Sage 200 as its main financial software and WAP as its purchase order system)
- Analyse variances and explore potential problems with budget holders on a monthly basis, making appropriate commentary, recommendations and advising of any impact on the Group.
- Assist budget holders in the preparation of the annual budget and re-forecasting when required
Project, Contract & Fund Accounting
- Ensure that ETF receives all of the funding that it is entitled, keeping a strong record of any timings and restrictions applicable
- Maintain an overview of grants receivable, commercial income etc receivable, ensuring that grants are applied for and returns, including auditing requirements, are submitted in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of business plans and forecasts, and prepare on-going reporting which helps budget holders to meet those plans and any specific grant/income requirements
- Ensure the management information is robust, accurate and available to Governors, managers, staff and stakeholders as required
- Assist with the year-end audit process to ensure the satisfactory completion of the annual audit and reporting to the DfE and external auditors are done in a timely manner
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Be CIMA / ACCA fully qualified (PQ candidates in later stage of studies or with strong background will be considered)
- Be highly experienced in leading and developing management accounting services in previous role
- Have strong experience in budgeting and forecast for specific departments and organisation as a whole
- Have strong experience in business partnering senior management
- Be highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to assess performance and progress using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Have the ability to reach decisions and judgments based upon balanced assessment of the technical, business and human factors involved
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (400 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 3 March 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package