Business Analytics Manager
£52,000 - £57,000 per annum, Permanent - 35 hrs pw
Office based role – Victoria, London
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
This new role is highly visible across the organisation at all levels and to external to partners. It is responsible for:
1. The lead and ownership of all business analysis activities across the ETF (from a business insight perspective)
2. The harmonisation and standardisation of data held in internal systems in collaboration with other members of the IM&T team
3. The production of business insight reports for various teams across ETF such as contract and grant delivery or SET and for the DfE where required, working actively with the data and systems owners
1 . Strategic management
- Contribute to the development and successful delivery of the ETF’s strategic priorities and annual business objectives, as directed by the F&BI Director or DCEO, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing business analysis and guidance on activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Participate and contribute to SMT forward planning and effective daily operations, including business planning, strategic decision-making, and performance and financial forecasting as required by F&BI Director.
- Contribute to the assessment of the ROI/ benefits and risks of strategic opportunities which can be developed as commercial and/or growth activity for ETF.
- Attend meetings as required: SMT, Board, Committees and others relating to the organisation’s business.
2. Data / Information Management & Reporting requirements
- Actively participate in the ETF wide data audit, understanding data held and collated by ETF to inform areas of improvements for wider IM&T team in line with strategic priorities.
- Actively participate and shape the continuous collation of all data and reporting requirements across ETF, including the harmonisation and optimisation of data held and collated, making concerted decisions with other senior managers where conflict and duplication exists.
- Lead the Business Intelligence analysis requirements, creating reports and providing pro-active insight across the operational and commercial delivery to support the Operational Director and their team to achieve business outcomes.
- Actively contribute to the design of any delivery models and tools to work with and support colleagues in any business cases which need to be made, in business analysis, strategic planning and operational management.
- Lead and manage all business intelligence activities such as:
- Any digital projects aimed at improving systems and data flow (as part of the wider IM&T team)
- The reporting of performance and delivery information for ETF
- Reporting requirements from the DfE, SMT, Board and Committees, including financial information
- Sector intelligence reporting, both internal and external, to aid delivery and SET teams
- Commercial initiatives such as event take-up and pricing proposals.
3. Team management
- Develop team members in their knowledge and understanding of ETF, partnering with all delivery teams across ETF.
- Support knowledge sharing across ETF.
- Support the training and development needs of the Business Analyst per their role as well as per the team’s overall objectives.
- Ensure all IM&T team members are supported in time of high volume or technical difficulty.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of supporting decision-making on strategic matters
- Experience of contributing to business planning with appropriate reports and analysis
- Experience of working with senior executives i.e. CEO, trustees, board members and SMT
- Experience of conducting assessments on ROI and business benefit
- Knowledge and experience of designing management information reporting based on business needs
- Experience of providing planning & forecasting, analysis & decision support to operational and commercial management
- Knowledge of business operations processes and procedures
- Experience of managing staff including setting objectives, developing staff and managing performance
- An influential leader and trusted adviser with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (500 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 10 May 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.