Digital Communications Officer
£35,700 per annum, Permanent - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
As the expert body for professional development and standards in Further Education (FE) and Training in England, the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) is going through a rapid expansion. There is more national focus on the FE sector and the organisation has recently won major new work to support the FE workforce.
We are now looking to appoint a Digital Communications Officer who will help to maximise the reach and impact of the expert support that the ETF provides by improving its digital presence, digital content and digital customer experience. This post will also support the work of the whole marketing and communications department and business development directorate.
The role will report into the Digital Communications Manager and will be responsible for creating search-optimised and customer-focused digital communications for the ETF’s websites, improving SEO and evaluating and improving website performance, ensuring we develop deeper reach and awareness with our key audiences of organisations, leaders, teachers and trainers in the FE and Training sector. The post-holder will be expected to immerse themselves in understanding and meeting these customers’ needs, as well as gaining a full understanding of the sector as a whole. They will support the ETF in making a real difference to England’s further education and training profession, and ultimately the lives and opportunities of those they teach and train.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have a solid understanding of the digital landscape, SEO, analytics and emerging digital trends
- Have excellent knowledge of Google Analytics and how to interpret data to gain audience insights, improve the customer experience and drive optimisation
- Have strong skills in SEO, keyword research and knowledge of Google organic search ranking factors
- Have experience of carrying out website SEO audits, implementing recommendations and reporting on performance
- Be able to produce regular and ad-hoc reports / dashboards on key website and search data
- Be skilled in use of content management systems (WordPress, Umbraco or Drupal) to update/edit/create web content.
- Have an understanding of website user experience principles and customer journeys
- Have experience of creating social media content and managing busy social media channels
- Have experience of executing successful digital communication strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Be able to manage and prioritise multiple activities at the same time.
- Have experience of working within a communications and marketing department and the execution of integrated campaigns and activities.
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (500 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 22 April 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.