Regional Maths Lead, Centres for Excellence in Mathematics (CfEM)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum, FTC until March 2023
35 hrs pw, Home-Based
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Regional Maths Lead who will be an account manager who will challenge, support and mentor Centres for Excellence in Mathematics. As the Regional Lead for Excellence in Mathematics, you will be the first point of contact for Centres and the expert organisations working alongside ETF to drive improvement in mathematics teaching across the FE sector. You will provide day to day support to a portfolio of colleges and their wider partnership networks. You will support Centres as they carry out research and trials of teaching approaches, help them develop funding plans for the programme year by year, and report activity and data to the central ETF team.
The role will report into the Head of Centres for Excellence in Mathematics and will be responsible to:
- Build effective relationships and manage the accounts of 7 of the 21 CfEM centres (colleges), and challenge and support them in their project planning and delivery. (The 7 centres span London, South-East, East Midlands & Eastern regions.)
- Contribute to the strategic & operational development of different contract strands to ensure high quality products & delivery which meet the needs of the sector and contract KPIs.
- Work collaboratively within ETF’s internal CfEM team and with external contract delivery partners.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Hold a high level qualification in mathematics or maths-related subject (level 3 or above)
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification
- Experience of managing projects and budgets
- Experience of managing change
- Excellent leadership, management and team-building skills
- The ability to empower others to develop confidence and effective practice
- Good knowledge & understanding of different pedagogic approaches in maths education, and in particular those based on mastery
- Direct experience of teaching mathematics in the Further Education sector
- Good listening skills
- The ability to present to a variety of expert audiences with credibility
- If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (600 words maximum), outlining how you fulfill the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 10 May 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package