Accounts & Finance Systems Officer
£35,000 per annum (Full time equivalent), Permanent – Full-time 35 hrs pw or Part-Time 3-4 days pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Accounts & Finance Systems Officer who will:
- Manage the Purchase & Sales ledgers with the Assistant Accountant, processing invoices, raising purchase orders and sales invoices and monitoring the application of various finance policies across ETF.
- Administer and support the Finance & Purchase order systems for ETF (currently SAGE 200 & Sicon WAP Add-on).
- Support the development of the finance systems, integration work with other ETF systems and provide ad hoc administrative system support to the IM&T team where possible.
The role will report into the Financial Accountant and will be responsible for;
- Systems Administration
- Systems development & reporting
With the Assistant Accountant:
- Manage the finance inbox, ensuring that invoices, expenses, grant claims, etc are matched against corresponding purchase orders and entered on the system for approval and payment on a timely basis. Monitor progress of invoices through the approval process, taking action to resolve any issues where they occur.
- Prepare weekly payment runs for approved invoices and submit for overall approval.
- Raise requisitions as required for approval by the Finance team.
- Raise sales invoices on a monthly basis and manage the Sales ledger.
- Assist with the internal and external auditors’ queries as required during the year.
- Ensure the efficient interfacing into Sage 200 to/from other systems including WAP for Sage, the Booking and CRM systems (in collaboration with the Management Accountants).
- Be the first port of call for support issues, queries and bug fixes relating to WAP & Sage 200 via the ticketing system.
- Control the access rights and user permissions for both WAP and Sage systems in line with appropriate authorisation and segregation of duties.
- Investigate and correct any potential workflow issues in WAP with the external support desk
- Lead on any upgrade and improvement required in order to facilitate use of the systems
- Ensure both systems are kept up-to-date with the latest patches and fixes available and that any other changes are tested before applying to the live environment
- Identify, recommend, design and implement processes to automate and improve the efficiency of systems through a coordinated approach with the Finance team
- Train new users across ETF and ensure the systems are used correctly
- Prepare and maintain full systems documentation and procedures for management of WAP and Sage User support and training
The successful candidate will:
· Be educated to degree level or equivalent
· Up to date training on systems administration and development
· Strong Excel capabilities & systems skills
· Specific relevant experience of actively managing a finance system and a purchase order system (Sage 200 / Sage 50 and the purchase order systems WAP for Sage add-on would be a distinct advantage)
· Good accounting knowledge to assist the Finance team
· Working in a fast-paced department
· Experience of systems development and upgrade work, including development of specifications and undertaking appropriate testing
· Fast Learner and ability to be hands on
· Strong appetite to finding solutions to challenges encountered and get things right first time
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (500 words maximum), outlining how you fulfill the requirements of this role.
Closing Date:17 May at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package