£40,000 - £50,000 per annum, FTC until November 2021 - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Performance Manager who will achieve high performance levels and meet grant and contract expectations by managing, monitoring and capacity building subcontractors, enabling them to achieve contractual, financial and performance targets.
They will work closely with other teams within ETF to ensure strong tie up between design, development, engagement and communications in deliver of CPD programmes.
The role will report into the National Head of Performance Management and will be responsible for:
1.1 Leading end-to-end contract management by implementing robust project management and review procedures by:
- Implementing and leading proficient contract mobilisation processes.
- Creation and maintenance of key project planning and monitoring documentation.
- Preparing for and leading regular reviews with subcontractors to assess performance, planning approach to achieving future targets and identifying potential challenges and mitigating actions to ensure positive progression.
- Providing status reports regarding project milestones, progress against key performance indicators (KPIs), programme independencies, risks and issues.
- Working closely with other teams within ETF and participate in programme evaluations and lessons learned activities.
- Lead and monitor contract closure procedures with subcontractors.
1.2 Leading performance management through:
- Ensuring delivery requirements are met on contracts/grant work for the area/s the role is accountable for.
- Managing contractual performance, risk management, quality and compliance of ETF subcontractors/partners, supporting all related activity delivered by other ETF teams.
- Setting challenging, achievable targets for each subcontractor to maximise their contribution and ensure that performance targets are achieved
- Monitoring each subcontractor’s financial performance and contract spend against budgets, including use of contingency budgets.
1.3 Identifying best practice and building relationships by:
- Identifying effective practice through data analysis and robust audit, sharing with the wider ETF Performance Management Team, and developing into business-as-usual.
- Ensuring that expertise across delivery areas is kept up to date though self-management and engagement with the latest policy and research.
- Identifying and escalating issues with partners, and report to the National Head of Performance Management.
- Providing expertise into any ETF bidding activity for contract work linked to the subject areas.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Able to manage and drive performance improvement in grant or contract activity through subcontractors/partners
- Experience of performance and/ or contract management frameworks
- An ability to handle multiple priorities and projects for on time on budget delivery of the highest quality
- Ability to work with a wide range of external stakeholders to meet programmes delivery expectations
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to build and maintain networks and senior level relationships
- Ability to reach decisions and judgments based upon a sound evidence base
- Commitment to ETF income generation and commercial activity
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (600 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 30 June at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package