Marketing Manager £47,000 per annum, 6 months FTC - 35 hrs pw
£47,000 per annum, 6 months FTC - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Marketing Manager who will be focused on creating and implementing best-in-class customer-focused product marketing strategies, the role’s purpose is to deliver marketing that plays a significant contribution in ensuring the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) achieves its professional, membership and reputational aims.
The role will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications and will be responsible for membership and grant-funded programmes, leading a team to create and implement measurable, innovative and creative customer-led campaign plans and activities. It is expected that the position’s remit is also to support all marketing strategies and activities as required.
The core customers for the ETF are organisations, leaders, teachers and trainers in the Further Education and Training sector supported by workforce development that underpins our charitable aim of impacting on the learner. The post holder will be expected to immerse themselves in understanding and meeting customers’ needs, as well as gaining a full understanding of the sector as a whole.
Your main responsibilities in delivering the role’s purpose include:
Strategy & Implementation
- Create, manage and execute customer focused product marketing strategies, content and integrated campaigns for the ETF and its membership arm (Society for Education and Training - SET).
- Develop best in practice approach to positioning, segmentation, targeting, messaging, customer journeys and persona development.
- Manage ETF grant marketing, combining in-house activity with outsourced delivery partner marketing, ensuring consistency in brand and messaging.
- Oversee ETF’s contract, T Level Professional Development (TLPD) to enable efficiencies and maximise opportunities across all programme areas working with and supporting the TLPD lead.
- Ensure all product marketing and customer focused strategies are aligned with the communications and digital marketing strategies, as well as the overall business strategy.
- Manage the email marketing system (Dotdigital) and ensure continues improvements regarding the use of this channel.
- Ensure reporting and evaluation processes are in place and lead on the continuous measure and improvements to campaign effectiveness.
- Liaise with key suppliers for direct mail and advertising campaigns, with budget responsibility and develop processes where required.
- Be the key point of contact for CRM team and all data segmentation work, ensuring compliance with GDPR and other data protection policies.
- Develop and improve Marketing team processes and input into wider directorate processes.
Team & Stakeholder Management
- Lead and inspire the Marketing team, within the wider marcomms directorate and work closely with Digital Comms Manager, Comms Manager and their teams.
- Support and develop team to deliver higher quality marketing activity and campaigns on time and to budget.
- Be an effective and efficient member of the Marcomms senior team.
- Engage with key internal and potential external stakeholders, influencing decision making and be the voice of Marketing and the customer.
- Represent Marcomms at internal meetings and external (DfE) meetings (where required) presenting the marcomms point of view and expertise.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Substantial experience in creating, managing and executing integrated marketing strategies, campaigns and content across all forms of media.
- Experience in brand management.
- Experience in working within a marketing and communications department, collaboratively executing integrated campaigns and activities.
- Experience of managing members of staff.
- Experience of working with third parties: either partner organisations and / or agencies.
- Experience of email broadcast platforms (ideally Dotdigital) and marketing automation programming
- Experience of CRM (ideally Dynamics 365) reporting tools and analytics.
- Good knowledge of Excel for data manipulation
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in development of personas and customer journeys and creation of targeted messaging
- Knowledge of the full range of marketing and communications channels and activities.
- Experience of developing product marketing strategy.
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (600 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 21 June 7, 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package