Head of Impact
£55,000 - £68,000 per annum, Permanent - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Head of Impact who will ensure impact evidence informs programme design, programme delivery generates impact evidence, and programme teams maximise impact on the FE sector.
The role will report into the Director of Development & Evidence and will lead evaluation strategy implementation and ensure:
- programme design is informed by evidence of effective workforce development
- programme delivery generates evidence demonstrating impact on the FE sector
- recommendations from evaluations are implemented to maximize impact
The role sits within the Design, Development & Evidence Directorate and manages the Research & Evaluation Team composed of an Evaluation Manager, a Senior Project Officer (Knowledge management) and a Programme Co-ordinator.
Outputs for this role will be evidence-informed delivery proposals, intelligence-led decisions, highly effective solution design which builds on past learning, programme development informed by workforce needs, and a high performing team. The role holder will have responsibility for the ETFs impact report and has final sign off on evaluation reports.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good track record of successful delivery of research and evaluation using a range of methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience of managing through delivery partners
- Experience of effective team leadership and team building
- Good understanding of effective knowledge management and dissemination of evaluation outputs
- Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with credibility across the Further Education and Training Sector
- Ability to demonstrate strong understanding and knowledge of what makes professional development in an education and training environment effective
- The ability to assess performance and progress using both quantitative and qualitative information.
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter (600 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 24 June 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.