Area Relationship and Development Lead (Midlands Region)
£35,000 - £47,000 per annum, Permanent - 35 hrs pw
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a Area Relationship and Development Lead for the Midlands region who will support the professional development of Further Education providers and their staff through an effective account management service.
The role will report to the Regional Manager and will engage with Further Education providers across the region to identify the professional development needs of their teachers, support staff and leaders and work collaboratively with colleagues across the ETF to develop, plan and promote provision that meets sector needs and advances the work of the ETF. There will be a particular focus on supporting existing and new T Level providers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have experience in a middle manager level role within the FE sector or of developing relationships at a senior level in the FE sector
- Demonstrate a proven track record of developing strong relationships through effective account or stakeholder management
- Be able to demonstrate strong understanding, knowledge and experience of what makes professional development in an education and training environment effective
- Possess high level of interpersonal and communication skills, including effective and engaging presentation delivery
- Possess high skill levels in building rapport, empathy and co-operation at all levels of interaction
- Be willing to undertake considerable travelling and occasional overnight stays on behalf of the organisation
- Be willing to work evenings and participant in local networks.
- Have experience of working with credibility and gravitas across the Further Education and training sector and/or with government officials and departments
- Have the ability to build and maintain networks and senior level relationships across the sector
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV (2 pages maximum) and cover letter (600 words maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of this role.
Closing Date: 28 June 2021 at 12 pm
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.