The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers, and trainers. We work across the whole Further Education (FE) sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Training - SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager who will support business growth by delivering successful applications and bids for a variety of grants and contracts across the UK and internationally. This includes identifying opportunities, taking ownership of bids from design to submission, working with key stakeholders and strategic partners, and contributing to the influencing and shaping of FE workforce development policy. The role will also contribute to the development of a commercial offer for the ETF, helping to respond to market needs and requests, and will manage the initial implementation of new projects.
The role will report into the Head of Business Development and will be committed to developing innovative solutions and driving change, to adapt to, and influence, the ever-changing face of workforce development policy and delivery, by harnessing the expertise, knowledge and experience of ETF’s internal experts, delivery partners and other key stakeholders to provide excellent services and ensure our customers are supported effectively.
- Commercially aware with strong business acumen, and able to develop and implement ETF business strategy?
- Familiar with different forms of contracts and legal agreements relevant for Business Development opportunities?
- Looking to work in an organisation which is going through a transition at an exciting time of change and growth?
- A self-starter who is motivated to identify potential business opportunities, and be fully enthused by engaging with an organisation’s values, culture and mission?
If so, this job could be for you!
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience working in a private, not for profit or public sector organisation, with a strong understanding of business principles
- Have proven track record of working within bidding activity, with the ability to handle business development opportunities
- Have the ability to reach decisions and judgement based upon balanced assessment of the technical, business and human factors involved, and based upon a sound evidence base
- Be experienced in ensuring efficient delivery of a budget
- Have excellent strategic and analytical skills
If you are an exceptional candidate who would like to make an impact and enjoy working in a vibrant and cooperative environment, we will welcome your application.
If you would like to receive a full job description for this role, please click here
Closing Date: Monday 4th July 2022 at 12 pm
We reserve the right to close the role earlier if an excellent candidate applies.
The Education and Training Foundation values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package